There are children in our community who need you!
You can be the difference for a child in need by opening your home as a foster family. Foster families provide temporary, loving care to children who cannot live safely at home. Foster parents are particularly needed for infants, toddlers, teens, children with special needs and sibling groups.
Our foster parents are married or single, have a lot of experience with children or while having no direct experience, are interested in working with children, represent the LGBTQ community, come from a variety of cultures and ethnicities, or may decide to foster with another family member. The foster parents of Bruce Grey Child & Family Services represent the diversity of our two counties.
Bruce Grey Child & Family Services requires all foster families to:
– be understanding of children’s needs
– be physically and emotionally capable of caring for children
– have a personal income independent from foster care reimbursement
– undergo a criminal background check and have no record of child abuse, neglect or domestic violence
– be willing to learn and attend training
– provide a non-smoking home that meets fire, safety and cleanliness standards
– provide transportation for foster children to and from activities
There is an extensive training program for new applicants to provide the tools you need to begin your role as a foster parent. There are also many other supports that are provided to help you along the way.
If you are interested in exploring the possibility of becoming a foster parent, Apply Now