Centred Content

Bruce Grey Child and Family Services is committed to promoting privacy and protecting the confidentiality of the personal information we hold about the children, youth, and families we work with.

Under Ontario’s child and family services law, we must let you know how your personal information will be used and tell you how they might share it. We must also make sure any personal information we get from you stays private and let you know if it has been lost, shared, stolen or viewed when it shouldn’t be.

You can ask to see and get a copy of your personal information in your file. It includes information about your history, your health or notes from talks you’ve had with a worker or other professional. We will help you get this information if you ask and it is free. View the Requesting Records page to get started.

If your information is wrong, or missing you can ask for corrections by writing to us. Please include what is wrong or missing and be sure to tell us the information needed to fix the problem. Asking for a correction to the personal information in your file is free.

For more information about how Bruce Grey Child and Family Services protects your privacy, refer to the Notice of Information Practices and our Brochures page. Speak to your worker if you have questions or concerns about our information practices.

If your privacy questions have not been answered or issues not resolved to your satisfaction, you have the right to make a formal privacy complaint in writing to our Privacy Officer. View our brochure for more information.

Centred Content

Information and Privacy Commissioner (IPC)

If your concern has not been resolved to your satisfaction, you can make a complaint to the Information and Privacy Commissioner:

Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario
2 Bloor Street East, Suite 1400
Toronto, ON M4W 1A8

Toronto Area: 416-326-3333
Long distance: 1-800-387-0073
TDD/TTY: 416-325-7539
Fax: Effective 2021, the IPC is no longer communicating via facsimile.
Email: info@ipc.on.ca
Website: www.ipc.on.ca

You also have the right to challenge determinations of capacity with respect to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information through an application to Ontario’s Consent and Capacity Board. For more information, visit their website.